Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted (6 whole days). I was fighting a sinus infection all week that took me out of work on Monday and had me working remotely on Tuesday. I didn’t feel 100% until yesterday. Bleh.
So, let’s update with some things:
1. Sinus infections suck. This is my 3rd one in a year. Two were now viral (after a cold) and one was bacterial (after an allergy attack). I need to see an ENT. I’ll try irrigating my sinuses once a week, though, first to see if that will work (Neti Pot) along with daily Flonase use.
2. I’ll just say that when you’re not horny, that’s when you get offers. If you are and even think about looking for it, you don’t get offers. No one has been taken up on any offers.
3. I don’t know what I’m getting people for Christmas, which is 13 days away. THIRTEEN DAYS AWAY! We’ll see what happens. I only want two gifts this year – a food processor I saw on Amazon and cash. Preferably about $16,000 tax-free, but whatever can be provided will help, I’m sure.
4. I went to my company’s Christmas party in Pennsylvania Friday and had a really nice time during the party and afterward! It was fun. I liked talking to everyone and always enjoy conversations with the CEO’s wife. I got Lottery tickets in the White Elephant exchange and scratched off two free tickets and $2. I invested those $2 back into the Pennsylvania Lottery and got 3 more tickets. I won $20 and a free ticket from those and that was the end of my winnings. I was happy with that $20, though it would have been nice to hit for $24,000 that one ticket offered. I joked with my table, CEO, and HR director that if I get a big winning ticket (enough to have that I’d never spend that much in a lifetime), I’d quit on Monday. I’m at work today, so yeah.
5. I saw this 60 Minutes interview with Obama (it’s on their site) and he struck a stronger tone than usual. He’s campaigning, and that’s okay. There was one time I thought he didn’t answer a question and babbled a bit, but overall he handled the interview well. The interviewer, however, was clearly showing is Red stripes with some questions and facial expressions.
6. On Facebook I posted a status update supporting gay marriage in spite of my view of marriage as God ordained it. My friend from college saw the post, asked for my explanation, and I gave her a long response. She told me that I had changed since college, was “lost” because I support gay marriage and think that a person can be gay, a Christian, and still used by God to do His work, and that she wouldn’t engage me in this topic again because it is such a touchy subject for me.
Meanwhile, I didn’t go off on her, I just explained my points:
- While marriage is defined in Genesis 2:24 as being between one man and one woman, society has polluted that ideal over time, and even some of God’s most ardent supporters and followers He used throughout time to do His work (Jacob, David, Solomon, etc.) had multiple wives. Thus, the definition of marriage has changed depending on the society. Now that we have all these laws and privileges tied to marriage in this country, that’s really polluting it further because there are rights tied to it that people don’t get equally. When the state gets involved it’s no longer a religious issue. There is no ground for it from my view and gays should be allowed to get married just like straight people.
- Just because you’re gay doesn’t mean you’re having sex. God speaks against sex outside of marriage for anyone, not just homosexuals.
- She praised the Lord right along with me to Richard Smallwood, Tonex, James Hall and Donald Lawrence songs just like I did in college yet says you can’t be gay and serve God. Granted, she said gay lifestyle, but I don’t know how she defines that aside from just being gay. (Some of those guys haven’t come out of the closet, but…well…I mean, really? I’m not trying to slander anyone, but just saying.)
7. Church was good Sunday. Learned about the importance of setting up a patriarchy/matriarchy of faith in Jesus so that it can be passed down from generation to generation (came from Genesis where Seth’s family was the family that began to call upon the name of the Lord whereas Cain’s family showed themselves to be selfish, murderous, and inwardly focused).
8. I need to get my play edited! Ugh! And Christmas decorations up! Ugh ugh! I just want to start writing my comic book as a movie. It’s together in my head, but I have to be diligent and get other stuff done first.
Now we’re all caught up!
Leave a Comment
No comments yet.